In a family law case involving children, one of the questions an individual may have is "can I get child support?" Generally, the answer is yes but it depends on how much time the child(ren) spend with each parent and each parent’s income.

According to Florida Statute 61.30, see the Child Support Guidelines (Abridged Version) to the right.


Under Florida Statute Chapter 61, there are remedies for the following situations:

Child support-can it be enforced?

Yes. There can be very serious consequence if a parent does not pay child support. There are several things that we can do to aid in enforcing a child support order.

Can you change/modify/review the payment of your child support?

Yes. There are circumstances in which child support can be modified, including being increased, reduced or stopped depending on facts. Remember, every situation is unique and that is why it is so important to speak to an attorney to review your rights.